Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Eastern Caribbean Cruise [Ship]

I was most anxious about the drive to Florida from New Jersey with the three kids, however, I was pleasantly surprised. It actually went really well. We left home Friday at 2am, the kids slept 5hrs and were well behaved for the trip. We did make a lot of potty breaks (what can you expect with 3 kids under 5), but we made it to Georgia by lunch time. We stopped at a Chick-fil-a to eat and let the kids play in the indoor playground (thank goodness for iPhones, so you can search nearby locations before you arrive).  The weather was perfect.


We started off our trip spending Saturday with a group of good friends that recently moved to Florida. They were so welcoming and invited us to their beach and the pool at their home, in addition to cooking for us. It was wonderful spending time with them!

Honestly, hotel rooms have the most gorgeous window light. Whenever I photograph a bride that is getting ready in a hotel, I get SO excited because I know we'll get gorgeous light. This was our hotel in Florida for the night. 

Our ship was Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. We took the same ship about 2 years ago for our 5th anniversary.
The ship allows boarding at 1pm and we were there right on time to get our money's worth. We always head to the buffet first ;) Then the kids wanted to swim and play mini golf. 


I thought these bracelets were in case kids got lost on board. Nope, in case of emergency so they know which life boat to load the child into. It put me at ease hearing that (gulp). 
There's entertainment and a fancy three course meal every night. 
 Everything is all inclusive. I won't go into detail about every activity, but just share a few photos.




They had a kid's club on board with different themes and activities every night: pirates, birthday party, camping, Thomas, superheros, etc. There was a parade on the final night. 


Endless ice cream...
A royal promenade with shops...


We enjoyed every minute on board the days we were at sea.  

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always just unbelievable.
    You are such an inspiring example to me of how to intentionally save up and plan for making awesome memories with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My photos are not quite what I was hoping for, but I did the best I could with the kids.

      It took two years to save up, but it was worth the wait.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful vacation! I loved seeing Christopher ice skating with you! How did he like it? Had he ever done it before? ~LR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this was the first time. Evangeline was a pro at it though! It was unusual. Christopher and Andrew were very slow moving, but Evie was flying around. She had no fear.

      We skated on the first day on board and saw a little girl break her ankle! You definitely have to be careful. They make you wear helmets, but did not have skating walkers unfortunately.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Let me know if you're a new follower so I can follow back. I try my best to respond to comments directly on my blog :)

09 10