Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had Thanksgiving at my parent's as usual.  My siblings and their families come as well. 

After dinner, my younger brothers and sisters and put on a Thanksgiving play every year. They put so much work into and take it so seriously. It's pretty funny.
It was a relaxing, low key holiday. Thanksgiving over the years has become my favorite holiday. I think because it's so relaxing. I'm not running all around stressing about getting everything done, I don't have to cook and we don't travel far. It helps that my mom is a great cook too ;)
Yeah, I made them get the traditional photo on the staircase.  What else would I put in our yearly album for Thanksgiving?

As our tradition, I cook our own Thanksgiving at home over the weekend. This year I cooked on Friday. On Saturday is my FAVORITE tradition of shopping at King of Prussia Mall (one of the largest in the country). We also eat at the Cheesecake Factory.
Well, this year I made a HUGE mistake! I accidentally booked a photography client on Black Saturday. The session could not be re-scheduled for several reasons. I was so upset and angry. Things worked out and we went to the mall Sunday, but learned a big lesson. Mark holidays in my calendar!!

How did you spend Thanksgiving? 

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Thanksgiving! It is definitely the more relaxing holiday of the two. We look nice, but we wear jeans, no presents, dinner at my parents (so I don't have to cook), pretty much the same. The only difference is that we do have to travel...that's a reality if we want to spend any time with our families.

    Scheduling a shoot and having to miss or reschedule a family tradition is one of my worst fears... I am glad it all worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Let me know if you're a new follower so I can follow back. I try my best to respond to comments directly on my blog :)

09 10